Saturday, March 28, 2009

How Many Stadiums In The US?

Lately, I've been keeping an eye on the search queries people use to find this site. I stumbled across one today that actually made me curious.

The search term was "how many stadiums in US". To let you know, we were on page 3 of google's results for that search.

It seems this guy dug around a little bit. I hope our new reader found the answer. And if he didn't, I did. There are 1813 stadiums in the U.S., according to this site. It was the first result when I searched "stadiums in the U.S."

Okay, so maybe I'm a little bit bored, but I learned something today. And that means I learned more on the internet during the weekend than I did this past week at my college classes. Sad, really.

UPDATE (3/27 10:20 PM): We just have to post this map, linked to in the comments section by its creator, Craig. There is something spectacular, and also kind of sad about the illustration of how few baseball diamonds there are in Manhattan. See for yourself:


(click over to Craig's site to see it larger)

SEO By Profit By Search India