Today, the Yankees issued the final slap in the face via this press release:
Prior to the public on-sale, all Yankees Premium, Full-Season and 41-Game Ticket Licensees will be able to purchase individual-game tickets, online only, via a pre-on-sale on Thursday, March 19. On the following day, Friday, March 20, all other Partial Plan Licensees (of 20-, 15-, 12- and 11-Game Plans) will be permitted to purchase individual-game tickets online only as well. For complete information, including ticket limits, please visit yankees.com.This really is the decisive insult by the New York Yankees to their loyal ticket holders. Not only were former B-plan holders inconvenienced by losing their opening day tickets, their playoff tickets, and 21 additional games when they were downgraded to 20 game plans, but now we are bunched in with all of the other partial plan holders (and minor league season ticket holders!) for the pre-sale.
Instead of throwing us a bone and giving us the "first crack" at the premium games, downgraded B-plan holders are once again on the outside looking in, as people in the plan we used to be in and WISH WE COULD STILL BE IN get to purchase more tickets to games they already have.
This is an absolute disgrace. We truly hope that Richard Sandomir, Neil Best, Neil deMause and Jay Jaffe catch wind of this and give it the same attention that previous relocation fiascos have received.
The updated dates are as follows:
- March 17 - Registration for online sales random drawing end.
- March 18 - Random drawing for general public online sales takes place.
- March 19 - Yankee season ticket licensee pre-sale date for 2009 New York Yankees single game tickets for Full Season, Premium Seat and 41 game plan holders .
- March 20 - Emails are sent to "winners" of random drawing.
- March 20- Minor leage affiliates and Yankees partial plan (20-, 15-, 12- and 11-Game Plans) ticket licensee pre-sale date for 2009 New York Yankees single game tickets.
- March 23 (10 AM - 10PM) - Online only sale for 2009 Yankee single game tickets (with limitations on premium games) for those chosen in random drawing.
- March 24 - General on-sale for 2009 New York Yankee tickets at all outlets for any remaining tickets (Ticketmaster, Yankee Clubhouse stores, New Yankee Stadium Ticket Office).