Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Andy Pettite to pitch Opener at New Stadium?

With the Yankees rotation all but settled, our new section-buddy BuckyBadger weighs in on who will pitch the first game at the new Stadium for the Bombers:
Andy Pettitte has signed on to be our 5th starter. The 10th game of the season is the Yankees home opener. Anyone see where I'm going with this? The first man to officially throw a baseball off the mound at the new cathedral of baseball will be someone who truely(sic) deserves it.
I hope Pettitte pitches the home opener as well, but I certainly don't think he deserves it anymore than Wang, or Sabathia would. But wouldn't it be something if Pettitte, the only remaining starter from the dynasty years, gets a win in the opener?! Better yet, in a game where Jeter and Posada both homer, and Mo notches a save. Ahh, dynasty wet dreams!

Talk about it in the Stadium Insider Forums!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy Pettitte is back, and I'm even happier about the incentive-based contract. I hope he earns every dime.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I think Joba would be great to start the home opener, I just think it would be perfectly cyclical for Andy to get the ball since he closed out the old stadium. He's done so much, and no matter what anyone says, it is a big honor. Do you know which games you'll be getting yet in our new section?

Ross said...

Every 4th game starting with game #2.

Anonymous said...

We have all the odd numbered games. I guess well have to meet in October!

SEO By Profit By Search India