Monday, February 2, 2009

My last post about the New Stadium relocation process

I have my official seat assignment for the 20 game plan now, so I can put this entire saga behind me.

As a reminder, in 2005 I signed up to be a B plan season ticket holder. The games were all on the weekdays, but I had a guarantee that if the Yankees made the postseason, I would be there and in my same seats. Here is a view from my old seats:



The days of guaranteed postseason tickets and birds eye views are long gone. For the new Stadium opening in 2009, I have been assigned a 20 game plan in lieu of my 41 game plan because of high demand for full season plans. My new seats are in section 411, row 10. You can check out my new view below:



The silver lining in all of this is that these seats are even LESS expensive than my seats last year and I only have to purchase half the number of games. In these rough economic times (aren't you sick of that expression already?), paying less money isn't a bad thing. I wasn't going to let the Yankees scam me into paying MORE money by upgrading to full season and now I am paying less. Gotta stay positive.

Talk about it in the Stadium Insider Forums!

12 comments:

forego is my witness said...

Curious---how many seats is your plan?

Ross said...

My plan is for two seats.

Anonymous said...

Wow, same situation for me. Was in secton 3, row G. Now I'll be sitting next to you possibly. I have section 411, row 10 as well for 41 games. See you in April, although you probably will have alternate games than I do.

nick2slick said...

Hope to see you at a game bucky!

Anonymous said...

Consider yourselves lucky. I had a 41-game plan in the tier boxes behind home plate, and they're trying to stick me in horrific seats in the back of the loge, under the overhang, in fair territory in RF, right next to the bleachers. I'd take 411 in a heartbeat, even if it was only 20 games.

Anonymous said...

Advice to those affected: If there's any way you can team up with someone and upgrade to full season tickets, do it and keep calling the relocation number. I was able to get decent full season tickets in the terrace level today. I think a lot of it is sheer luck -- getting the right person, who's actually willing to help, and having tickets open up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel for ya. Compared to your old seat, your new ones SUCK!! I guess you will save some money though.
The yankees must be sold out or close to it to do this to their fans

Anonymous said...

How the Yankees fouled up, in a nutshell: http://9nine9.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/new-yankee-stadium-ticket-relocation-lack-of-communication/

Anonymous said...

The Yankees are now selling Full season and 41 game plans to the general public!!!

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/41_game_premium_letter.jsp


GREAT SEATS TOO

Anonymous said...

Fantastic seats if you can afford $325 per ticket.

Anonymous said...

Partial plans have no been relocated. Let the stampede begin!!!

Anonymous said...

I've had the Saturday plan since '04 and found out yesterday that it's already full.

SEO By Profit By Search India