Thursday, April 26, 2007

ANOTHER weather update (Thursday - OK, Friday - UH-OH)

So, after the plug was pulled on Wednesday night's game early, we move onto the weather situation for the rest of the week. Luckily today (Thursday) seems to be a lull in the unsettled weather that is due to impact our region through Saturday. Temps tonight for Phil Hughes' debut will be in the upper 40's under mostly cloudy skies. Showers are due to head in after midnight, so the game should be long over.

Overnight into midday Friday is when the HEAVY rain will move in (over an inch possible in some spots).

By tomorrow night, the heaviest rain will be over, but there will be scattered showers/ T-Storms at night. Basically it all depends how the weather sets up - when there will be drier periods and breaks in the rain or if the storm moves out quicker than prognosticated. The only positive is that the definite heavy rain will be occurring on Friday morning and will be over by early afternoon.

I have seen the Yankees cancel a lot of games before just because it has been raining all day, so that is a possibility as well.

Friday is going to have to be a wait and see at this point. Under normal circumstances I would say there is a greater than 50% chance of a rain-out but it is a Friday night game, it is a Friday night game against Boston, and it is a Friday night game against Boston two days after a rain-out.

I'll give updates as I see appropriate.
SEO By Profit By Search India