Monday, August 18, 2008

The days of sneaking rum and coke into Yankee Stadium may be over

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9534/subwaycokeqi9.jpg
From the Metro Blog (you know, the paper that has the homeless looking people handing it out for free when you enter the subway station in the morning) comes this disheartening speculation: the new Yankee Stadium may ban outside food and drink.

It will be a bummer if I can't bring my Subway sandwich into the game, but even worse is what I sneak in utilizing the Subway wrappers - rum and coke.

On an especially poor (or frugal) week, there is nothing like wrapping a 20 oz. bottle of coke in a Subway sandwich wrapper and sneaking it into the Stadium (just try to squeeze my sub on the way in, security guard. I dare you!) That little mixer is usually finished off before the 3rd inning, but it means only buying one $13.50 beer Fosters instead of many.

This is a travesty

Talk about it in the NYYSI Forums!
SEO By Profit By Search India