That dude lost a lot of cool points with his ridiculous dancing, but what would your reaction be if you caught a HR ball two nights in a row? By a Yankee both times nonetheless.
Anyway, I have a feeling the Yankees are drawing up a rule against this for the new Stadium. "The same fan may not catch a homerun ball on consecutive nights" will be right up there with "all fans must stand and be attentive during God Bless America". I won't even touch the unwritten rule "all female fans in Derek Jeter shirts must be skanky".
UPDATE (9/18/08): As noted in the comments section, this guy is a well-known ballhawk. I never knew this type of person existed, but it takes a lot of the fun out of the feat. Here are some of his stats:
• 7 balls at this gameI hope he is somehow making money off of this, otherwise it is a real waste of time and energy.
• 481 balls in 62 games this season = 7.8 balls per game.
• 558 consecutive games with at least one ball
• 124 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium with at least one ball
• 11 game balls this season (not counting game-used balls that get tossed into the crowd)
• 3 game home run balls this season (all of which were caught on a fly at Yankee Stadium)
• 122 lifetime game balls (115 foul balls, 6 home runs, 1 ground-rule double)
• 20 lifetime game balls at Yankee Stadium
• 3,758 total balls
UPDATE 2: Zack Hample has a book, a website, and is making TV appearances, so yea, he's making money. Also edited the title since he is not a Yankee fan.
Talk about it in the NYYSI Forums!