Thursday, December 18, 2008

The NEW Yankee Stadium under the lights

I work in a high-rise building in Midtown Manhattan with amazing views of New York City. Looking out the north side windows, there are amazing views of Central Park and in the distance the Bronx. Lately, I have seen lights on in the distance in the vicinity of Yankee Stadium. I assumed they were testing out the lights in the new park, but I didn't dare venture up to the South Bronx in the dead of winter (I kid, I kid... Kind of).

It turns out that they ARE testing the new lights, and the WCBS 880 chopper did some flying this evening to capture some never before seen night-time photos of the new Yankee Stadium under the lights...


Photo: Tom Kaminski/ WCBS 880


Photo: Tom Kaminski/ WCBS 880

WCBS even took the time out to capture a photo of the Yankees' welcome to CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett:


Photo: Tom Kaminski/ WCBS 880

If that doesn't get you pumped up for the 2009 season, I'm not sure what will.

Talk about it in the NYYSI Forums!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good thing they tested it. It doesn't look like the first "E" in Yankee Stadium in left field is working in that picture on the top.

SEO By Profit By Search India