Friday, May 18, 2007

My own form of a protest - taking a step away from the Yankees

I have decided that I have allowed the Yankees to consume my life far too much, and it is ridiculous for such a misguided, mediocre team to do this to one's life.

So, for the foreseeable future, I will only be attending/ watching games that Phil Hughes or Tyler Clippard pitch in. Those guys are the future and I am ready for a new guard. Unfortunately, there are no positional prospects coming up that I can watch and root for. I am sick of Melky, I am sick of Cano. I want to see guys playing hard every day, every at bat. I don't see that with them.

I have spent countless minutes of my life defending A-Rod, but I can't even root for him anymore. Something rubs me wrong about the entire team. It is time to step back and reclaim my life from this Yankees hell. I spend too much time on message boards, on this blog, in Yankees stadium and I can't do it anymore. It is sad, because I love watching Jeter and Mo and even Jorge (who I doubted in the past without merit) but this is a broken team as a whole. Don't get it twisted, I'm not "giving up on the season." The Yankees very well may make a run at the Wild Card. Good for them.

Until this team is overhauled and there is a totally new makeup, I'm not taking them seriously. Maybe I'll go to a playoff game if Hughes pitches.
SEO By Profit By Search India