Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Orioles Fans Illogical Booing of Mark Teixeira

As I watched the embarrassment that was opening day for the Yankees, I became more and more confused. Every time Mark Teixiera came to bat, or even touched the ball, he was booed vociferously. Teixiera, the former Ranger/Brave/Angel, angered Orioles fans by snubbing his local team when he signed with the Yankees. I really feel the fans' anger towards Teixeira is illogical.

Teixeira's agent, Scott Boras is pretty well known for taking the highest offer, especially when such a better deal is available. I also don't remember Teixeira ever saying he was going to play in Baltimore. Most of all, Teixeira is only from the area, he has no reason to be loyal to the Orioles. It doesn't make sense.

I'd like to see opinions from some O's fans. Sometimes it's hard to know how an opposing fan base feels about a player. What do you think of the reaction Mark Teixeira recieved at Camden Yards?
SEO By Profit By Search India