Monday, June 16, 2008

My obsession for the past couple of months - Cent Sports

Here's the deal -

You sign up at CentSports.com, you get a free 10 cents to make sports bets and once you get over $20, you can cash out what started as 10 cents for free money. If you lose all of your money, you get a new 10 cents to play with. It is a lot harder than it sounds. I have been playing a couple of months, and I have yet to reach the $20 mark.

It is actually a lot of fun. Since I started playing, I have gotten WAY more into soccer and mixed martial arts than I ever thought I would be. Basically, it is the fun of gambling, without the depression of losing your hard earned money. Don't get me wrong, I was pretty peeved when I had a $17 balance and I placed just about all of it on some MMA fight that I knew nothing about and the -500 favorite lost the fight.

The best part of the site is getting your friends and family to sign up. Then, you get notifications of their bets, and you can comment on the bets and talk smack if you wish. It becomes something of a competition to see who can get their balance up faster.

Now, some caveats -

- The site is still in beta mode, so there are a LOT of bugs. Random bets disappear at times, bets are counted as wins before the game is over, etc etc.
- The max you can win on a bet is $10. Therefore, once you start making a lot of money, you need to make a bunch of small bets to max out your earnings (since you can't make more than $10 on one bet).
- The cash out system is constantly changing and there are no guarantees that you will be able to cash out on any given week. It is all dependent on the advertising revenue that the site has taken in that week.
- The site is ad supported, so if you are bothered by every kind of annoying ad on the interwebs, this site isn't for you.

The site is gaining momentum. Just last week, Forbes.com posted an article about Centsports' business model.

So, if you love sports and you have ever even DABBLED in sports betting, I highly recommend checking out the site today. You don't have anything to lose. How often can you say THAT about a sports bet?




Talk about it in the NYYSI Forums!
SEO By Profit By Search India