Saturday, December 29, 2007
And now with sound:
http://kingofny2.ytmnd.com/ Read the full post, after the jump
Friday, December 28, 2007
After debating long and hard, I decided to cease posting at the only Yankee message board I had ever known. The community had grown enormously and had some great posters, but certain things pushed me away. Personal differences aside, the technical specs of the message board were lacking. I decided to utilize a new message board system and attempt to build a Yankees message board from scratch. Obviously, the internet is full of Yankee message boards. At this point, NYY Stadium Insider and the NYY Stadium Insider forums are amongst the newest on the internet. Rome wasn't built in a day and we know it. That is why I am reaching out to you and asking you to come over to the new message board and do what you do best - talk about the Yankees. Even if you average 5-10 posts per day on the current board you post on and come over here and post 1-3 times per day, your contribution has been invaluable.
Here are some of the reasons you should check out the board:
-Quick Reply box - Want to quickly reply to the last post? Do so with one click of the mouse
- Fully functioning search feature
- Block quote text as you are typing
- Fully customizable smilies
(Kaybli is always adding new, hilarious ones and they don't show up with the white outline on the board. You have to see them to believe them
- Built in image hosting - don't worry about having a place to upload your images to - you can do it right within the message board system.
- Link within the toolbar of the postbox to allow linking to your photobucket account. Sign in once and always have access to your photobucket images
- Large avatars (we suggest finding a scrubby OR obscure Yankee from the past and making it your avatar - it is kind of the board theme)
- No limit for PMs (you won't have a full inbox after a couple of arguments via PM)
- RELIABLE, FAST dedicated hosting. We are not housing the message board on our servers - we have gone with Yuku.com (brand new offshoot of EZ Board) to handle that to make sure we never have a message board crash or virus attack.
- Ticket exchange board for people to trade tickets and sell tickets at face value. Any tickets being sold above face will be removed immediately.
- A hand-picked group of early adopters to the board will make your transition to a new Yankees message board all the more enjoyable.
- The always hilarious Kaybli is one of the owners/administrators of the site. If for no other reason, join the board so you can read his outrageous middle of the night rants about Tony Womack.
- We have a great community of posters from around the globe. There is insight from Yankees fans who live on the doorstep of the stadium and from people in different countries. There will be no "East Coast bias" here.
- We don't have any heavy-handed moderators or control freaks. There is no minimum time you need to be registered in order to post. This is a community based on Yankees fans speaking their minds. Extreme vulgarities and personal insults will be handled promptly if that stuff ever happens at all.
- There are only two admins (Kaybli and myself) and no moderators. We are always checking the board to make sure things are working properly and adding features when possible. We are pretty much at your beckon call - this is our baby.
I can go all day with this stuff, but I don't want to waste any more of your time. At the very least give us a look and register your username. Right now there isn't too much to talk about, but things will start heating up in 47 days when pitchers and catchers report. If you are having trouble signing up your username, it is probably because you were signed up for EZBoard previously and you have a username in the system. The best thing to do is to go to EZBoard.com, log into your account, click on your profile and then click the "migrate my account to Yuku" banner at the top of the page. This will enable your username on the Yuku system which houses the NYYStadium Insider message boards.
Thanks very much for taking the time to read this and have a happy and healthy new year.
Read the full post, after the jump
Sunday, December 23, 2007
I couldn't believe the raise in price.
They have now changed Tier Reserved, section 1 to the "Tier Reserved MVP" section. That is fancy talk for a huge price increase. Try $17 - $25 per ticket. That is a 47% increase.
Now, just imagine what the percent increase will be when the Yankees move into the NEW Yankee Stadium in 2009. It will probably be another 75-100% increase. It has gotten to the point where my family seriously cannot afford the season tickets anymore.
There is a trap here - the Yankees want me to say "hey, I have great upper deck seats, I need to keep them. This is the last season in the old stadium." So, I shell out the money for the huge increase. Then, next year, another insane ticket price increase comes in the mail right around Chrismastime and I say to myself: "hey, its the NEW Yankee Stadium. I have had these tickets for YEARS, I NEED to have season tickets in the new stadium". And the process repeats as I spiral into debt.
Well, this working man has seen his time as a season ticket holder come to an end. I was always a proponent of the Yankees spending ridiculous amounts of money to hold onto their players, but I am finally at wits end. The 3 year, $45 million contract the Yankees handed to Mariano was ridiculous. Jorge and A-Rod were ridiculous as well, but more justifiable.
The Yankees have somehow managed to ruin my holiday season. Now I need to figure out a way to get rid of my season ticket license and make some money on the deal. Anyone interested in buying my license off of me? The seats are in tier reserved, section 1, row M. You won't be able to get anything close to these seats if you sign up for season tickets this year.
Here are the brand new prices:
(click to see big) Read the full post, after the jump
Friday, December 21, 2007
As January rolls along it is time for the serious baseball fan to take a three month nap. But what would one see upon waking up? My crystal ball knows.
-Johan Santana will be a Yankee. Phil Hughes, Melky Cabrera, and a prospect will not be a Yankee.
-Brian Cashman will look more pale, tired, and dejected than normal.
-Hank will ride Cashman to work every morning.
-Jamie Lyne Spears will be three months pregnant. She will already have lost custody of the child still growing in her womb. The real father will be revealed as R. Kelly.
-The two frontrunner’s of both political parties will be spewing pounds of bull out of their mouths like usual. Hillary will be attacked from the right for not serving in
-Curt Schilling will have made 40 more blog posts. Unbelievably and unconceivably to the human mind each one will be more pompous and self-righteous than the last. In his final post he will declare himself God and will claim to have cured ALS single-handedly.
-The Marlins will say the hell with it and have another fire sale. Of their top AAA players. They will have single-A teams with 70 man rosters all building up for 2035.
-All the midges in
-Derek Jeter will have slept with more woman in those three months this entire site and forums have in their lifetimes.
-He also will have contracted all 174 varieties of herpes.
-Clay Buchholz will plan the Ocean’s Elevens’s style heist of Dell Computers Inc.Read the full post, after the jump