Sunday, December 23, 2007

2008 Yankee Ticket prices - Soon I won't be such a Stadium Insider

Well, the Yankees sent the packet of doom in the mail today - the invoice for 2008 season tickets.

I couldn't believe the raise in price.

They have now changed Tier Reserved, section 1 to the "Tier Reserved MVP" section. That is fancy talk for a huge price increase. Try $17 - $25 per ticket. That is a 47% increase.

Now, just imagine what the percent increase will be when the Yankees move into the NEW Yankee Stadium in 2009. It will probably be another 75-100% increase. It has gotten to the point where my family seriously cannot afford the season tickets anymore.

There is a trap here - the Yankees want me to say "hey, I have great upper deck seats, I need to keep them. This is the last season in the old stadium." So, I shell out the money for the huge increase. Then, next year, another insane ticket price increase comes in the mail right around Chrismastime and I say to myself: "hey, its the NEW Yankee Stadium. I have had these tickets for YEARS, I NEED to have season tickets in the new stadium". And the process repeats as I spiral into debt.

Well, this working man has seen his time as a season ticket holder come to an end. I was always a proponent of the Yankees spending ridiculous amounts of money to hold onto their players, but I am finally at wits end. The 3 year, $45 million contract the Yankees handed to Mariano was ridiculous. Jorge and A-Rod were ridiculous as well, but more justifiable.

The Yankees have somehow managed to ruin my holiday season. Now I need to figure out a way to get rid of my season ticket license and make some money on the deal. Anyone interested in buying my license off of me? The seats are in tier reserved, section 1, row M. You won't be able to get anything close to these seats if you sign up for season tickets this year.

Here are the brand new prices:



(click to see big)
SEO By Profit By Search India